Monday, March 29, 2010

My Workshop

 

 

I have recently switched positions at my place of employment. I still work for Parks Canada, but instead of conserving archaeological finds I have now switched to the conservation and restoration of furniture and wooden objects. It is a great new challenge professionally. In the course of my job I have to know not only standard wood workign practices of modern times but also all of the older styles of wood working as well. I see this as a great new chapter in my career. It should help keep my job from getting too stale. Anyway, I thought I would show a couple of pictures of my work shop.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

themikestand said...

Wow, very cool. I always enjoyed woodworking.

Also, that worktable looks nearly restored! Nice work!

Ian Loughead said...

I am learning a lot about wood working and conservation of old furniture. And I suspect I will keep learning until I retire in 20 years.

I must say though that learning in a workshop that rivals the New Yankee Workshop is pretty nice. And having a budget to add the stuff I somehow don't have is even nicer.