Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Argh - Flat Tire

So Monday I started my bike ride home from work and got a flat. But this was a bad one. A drywall screw, at least 1 1/2 inches went in one side of the tire and out the other. Anyways, I managed to get a new tube in a limp home with low air pressure (good old hand pumps). At home I took the tire off and inspected it. Not good. The screw had left a big enough hole that when fully pumped up, the tube would start to push through the hole. I attempted a repair using polyurethane glue and an old tire tube. But alas this mornign I find my tire flat again. Oh well. Looks like tonight I have to hit the shop and buy a new tire. rather annoying as this was a new tire last year and I expected at least a few years of riding from it. So I had to drive the car today. At least it is raining today so I can take a little comfort in arriving at work warm and dry.

No comments: